Applications Engineer II
The Application Engineers are the primary technical resource for the aftermarket sales force, and are responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process. Working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate, the Application Engineer must be able to identify and provide reliable solutions for all technical issues to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process. The Application Engineer must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain expert level of product knowledge and application.
- Articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users.
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs/RFQs
- Listen, understand and convey customer requirements.
- Identify customer’s needs and sales opportunities to help future growth
- Perform inspections of existing Crown equipment during plant shutdowns, assist plant/contractors with recommend repairs, and provide each customer with a field report if assigned.
- Travel to customer sites to deliver sales presentations, demonstrate equipment advantages, or to follow up on a sales lead for CPM and Crown companies.
- Provide technical training for sales people and engineers at customer’s sites worldwide.
- Prepare field reports after all customer visits and distribute to the appropriate personnel.
- Maintain accurate records of target accounts, opportunities, quotes, projects, contacts and correspondence in company databases
- Assist in the design and development of new equipment to meet the customer’s needs.
- Resolve customer issues or difficulties in a manner that is consistent with the company mission, values, and financial objectives.
- Maintain professional business relationships with customers worldwide.
- Provide status of ongoing projects and future projects.
- Perform various engineering calculations and analyses related to process design and equipment sizing and selection.
- Manage the field schedule and work with the Field Services Manager to schedule field technicians to service calls if assigned.
- Create SAP quotations, opportunities, sales orders, and purchase requisitions according to the procedures as assigned.
- Create SAP service calls, equipment cards, service quotations, service sales orders, and deliveries according to the Field Service Work Instructions as assigned.
- Observe all Crown & OSHA safety policies and/or customer’s safety policies, whichever is stricter.
- Assist or manage the development and deployment of new or existing systems, procedures, or policies as assigned
- Travel to other offices to collaborate with or train internal colleagues.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- Minimum of 2 years related experience in customer service, sales support, or project management.
- Bilingual with second language being German.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, customers, and vendors.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Operate office machines and type at a speed necessary for successful job performance.
- Understand and resolve technical questions and requests.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc.
- Required knowledge of SAP Business One or other similar ERP system.
- Required knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Required knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Preferred knowledge in Autodesk Inventor.
- Sitting in a normal seated position for extended periods of time.
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction.
- Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example, using a keyboard.
- Communication skills using the spoken word.
- Ability to see within normal parameters.
- Ability to hear within normal range.
- Ability to move about.
- Ability to physically lift and carry up to 25lbs.
- Ability to travel either internationally and domestically approximately 50% of the time, depending on specific position and work load.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Plant environment approximately 50% of the time; some exposure to chemicals, hazardous materials, and noise. May work at heights, in confined spaces, and in inclement weather conditions.