Proposal Engineer I
Under the guidance of the Proposal Engineer Lead, the Proposal Engineer I will assist the sales managers and product sales managers for all processes in preparing customer proposals along with maintaining cost base information.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide internal sales support by:
- assisting with and/or preparing written proposals with sales managers/product sales managers guidance
- working with engineering on proposal scope of supply
- assisting with and/or preparing cost sheets
- gathering costs for projects; work with supply chain & procurement area for cost analysis
- preparing sales flow sheets
- gathering equipment reference drawings for quotations
- Resolve customer issues or difficulties in a manner that is consistent with the company mission, values, and financial objectives.
- Identify customer’s needs and sales opportunities to help future growth
- Perform various engineering calculations and analyses related to process design and equipment sizing and selection.
- Create SAP quotations, opportunities, sales orders, and purchase requisitions according to the procedures as assigned
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
Education· & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, customers, and vendors.
- Respond to requests and inquires from internal and external customers.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Operate office machines and type at a speed necessary for successful job performance.
- Understand and carry out technical instructions
- Ability to plan, produce and deliver compliant proposals within timescale.
- Excellent customer relations skills.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc.
- Knowledge of computers and applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- SAP or ERP experience a plus
- Sitting in a normal seated position for extended periods of time.
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction.
- Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example, using a keyboard.
- Communication skills using the spoken word.
- Ability to see within normal parameters.
- Ability to hear within normal range.
- Ability to move about.
- Ability to physically lift and carry up to 25lbs.
- Ability to travel either internationally and domestically up to 10% of the time
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Mandarin, Spanish, or Portuguese a plus