Regional Sales & Business Development Manager – Americas
Under general direction, the Regional Sales & Business Development Manager is responsible for growing Crown’s liquids business in the Americas by increasing sales revenue to meet growth targets. This role will work throughout all levels of the customer, including senior level management, to uncover unmet needs, assess the market & competitive landscape, position Crown to win new business, and foster deep customer relationships. Along with the significant customer interface, this role will also assess broader business needs, make recommendations to grow our business. This position will play a large role in shaping a regional strategy with the potential to build & lead a regional team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Make sales contacts, research customer needs, and develop application of products and services in an effective manner by:
- Obtaining and coordinating data and information
- Evaluating product and service marketability in terms of customers’ technical and manufacturing needs
- Following up on sales leads
- Maintaining up-to-date understanding of industry trends and technical developments that effect target markets
- Establishing new sales leads and new contacts.
- Establishing a communication path with the customer
- Develop and deliver sales presentations, proposals, & close sales in a professional & effective manner by:
- Developing sales proposals, managing cost builds, creating marketing presentations for customers based on their needs, and/or our technical products and services
- Demonstrating to customer Crown’s advantages on equipment and services
- Making sales calls to develop relationships and follow up on leads
- Establishing long-term, ongoing repeat relationships, Customer relationship mapping.
- Working with appropriate internal and external customers to finalize contracts
- Drive a customer opportunity pipeline to support growth targets.
- Working to meet company’s revenue goals; achieving expected profit margins
- Resolving problems with customers, products/projects, and service.
- Assist with sales forecasting and planning in an effective manner.
- Development and Commercialization of a robust pipeline of products across segment.
- Prepare customer field report after each customer visit and distribute to appropriate internal stakeholders
- Provide technical, field assistance, and/or training for customers in maintenance, installation, operation, and startup of processes within the liquids segment.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
- Strategy & Business Development
Regional market strategy development and deployment:
- Overall market assessment, including identifying market needs, mapping the competitive landscape, evaluating current product offerings, identification of gaps, and working cross functionally to advance product offerings.
- Customer advocate and champion the commercial aspects of launching new technologies and solutions into market.
- Assist in developing a compelling regional strategy that aligns with Crown’s global Liquids strategy.
- Ensure alignment, where applicable, & collaborate across other regional teams & strategies.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical or mechanical engineering preferred.
- MBA preferred
- 5+ years Commercial, Sales, or Operations experience within the Oilseeds complex, preferably in Vegetable Oil Refining, Palm Processing, Biodiesel, and/or Oleo-chemical plants.
- Demonstrated experience within a sales focused culture or environment.
- High Competitive desire to succeed & win.
- Strong ethics.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Effective at problem solving, negotiation, and conflict resolution.
- Outcome focused with the ability to manage competing priorities and work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Customer advocate & customer service focus.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, customers, and vendors.
- Previous experience managing, leading, and developing talent in a team first environment is a plus.
- Responsive to requests and inquiries from internal and external customers.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Operate office machines and type at a speed necessary for successful job performance.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc.
- Well developed sales and presentation skills.
- Customer relationship management, CRM experience.
- Experience managing a P&L & understanding of management principles.
- Knowledge of computers and applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to sit, stand, bend and move about.
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction.
- Finger and hand dexterity required to manipulate objects.
- Communication skills using the spoken word.
- Ability to see within normal parameters.
- Ability to hear within normal range.
- Ability to physically lift and carry up to 25lbs.
- Ability to travel either internationally and domestically approximately 50% of the time.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Plant environment approximately 20% of the time; some exposure to chemicals, hazardous materials, and noise. May work at heights, in confined spaces, and in inclement weather conditions.
- Required: Proficient in English
- Preferred: Spanish, Portugese