Responsible for handling all daily sourcing activities for various commodities and equipment for the organization. Must ensure appropriate purchases are made by leading or participating in the RF(x) process, recommending options, reviewing and negotiating costs, delivering lowest Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), and assuring suppliers meet their obligations to our organization. The Sourcing Engineer / Manager is expected to apply strategic sourcing practices and manage supplier relationships to ensure full benefits are realized and sustained. He / she has extensive responsibilities for communicating and working with our colleagues across engineering, sales, global sourcing, accounts payable personnel, finance and the supplier representatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads strategic and acquisition related sourcing and contracting activities and cost improvement initiatives.
- Ensures purchases for required goods or services are made by recommending appropriate supplier/s, costs, processes, etc. in a highly engineered and customized projects environment.
- Evaluates & analyzes supplier proposals, including technical specifications.
- Manages spend categories and develops supply chain strategies in partnership with management and key stakeholders for high risk and highly complex products, services and suppliers who have significant business impact.
- Performs analysis of supplier spend data and processes metrics to proactively recommend improvements.
- Analyzes supply markets, identifies industry trends and evolving supplier trends and spots opportunities to extract value out of the supply base.
- Develops and maintains the should-cost model for purchased materials.
- Develops appropriate logistics solutions for the procurement of goods and delivering finished product to customer sites.
- Drives TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) process to improve cost, quality and delivery.
- Estimates costs for sales proposals.
- Proactively identifies and manages risks to avoid supply chain disruption.
- Develops performance metrics and monitors supplier performance.
- Develops new suppliers as needed to improve cost, quality and delivery of final product to meet customer expectations.
- Ensures compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Coordinates payment of invoices with third parties involved (brokers, accounting consultants, etc.).
- Ensures that all materials / services are purchased for the specific projects and appropriate drawings released to fabricators to meet all customer requirements.
- Must have good knowledge of various sourcing practices and tools, and lead/support efforts to enhance the value of sourcing to the organization.
- Extend the value / reach of Sourcing by exercising appropriate influence within project teams, customer groups, and peer groups.
- Create or lead project teams, if necessary, or directly address specific sourcing issues, working with engineering and sourcing management to reach resolutions.
- Monitors supplier / contractor progress and implements corrective actions to deliver projects on time and under budget. Updates team on project deliverables.
- Estimates costs to support Sales & Engineering teams to build customer proposals, as required.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with preference given to individuals with Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Advanced degree such as MBA or professional certifications highly preferred.
- Project Management certification highly preferred
- Six to eight years sourcing, project management and leadership experience.
- Minimum of six years of strategic sourcing and procurement experience including but not limited to category level responsibilities such as fabrication, highly engineered equipment, logistics, general services, etc. and managing the RFx process.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in subcontract management / project management and project set-up in an Engineering Procurement Construction environment.
- Proven (demonstrable) experience and expertise leading negotiations, supplier contracting, sourcing, providing cost & expense analysis.
- Demonstrable experience leading cost reduction initiatives that deliver the lowest TCO.
- Ability to fluently communicate in Asian, Portuguese, or Spanish highly preferred.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, customers, and vendors.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Operate office machines and type at a speed necessary for successful job performance.
- Understand and resolve technical questions and requests.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc.
- Knowledge of contract terminology, proven ability to review contracts and create Statements of
- Proven negotiation skills and project management skills.
- Experience developing global logistics solutions and managing break-bulk shipments.
- Ability to work on a cross-functional team and in a matrixed
- Strong Microsoft office skills.
- Must be flexible and able to adapt easily to change.
- Self manages; takes initiative and able to collaborate across geographies and functions.
- Good written and verbal communication
- Ability to use ERP / MRP systems, especially SAP, is highly preferred.
- Ability to sit, stand, bend and move about.
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction.
- Finger and hand dexterity required to manipulate objects.
- Communication skills using the spoken word.
- Ability to see within normal parameters.
- Ability to hear within normal range.
- Ability to physically lift and carry up to 25lbs.
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically up to 50% of the time.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment.