Crown’s pretreatment process enables producers of renewable diesel (also known as hydrogenated vegetable oil, HVO) to run continuously at high capacities. Our proprietary design accommodates a range of feedstocks from virgin vegetable oils to animal fats to recycled waste streams. With Crown you can improve the most important steps of the pretreatment process: maintaining a high yield, including free fatty acids; and, reducing metals to minimize impact on the expensive downstream catalyst. Our experience working with multiple technology providers allows Crown customers to process the widest range of feedstocks possible.
- All equipment is typical for an industrial process and not simply a collection of tanks and plastic tubing
- Using a proven design ensures maximum equipment reliability and product quality
- Pretreating any substandard fats and oils saves on capital and operating expenses in the transesterification plant—an overall savings for an integrated plant
- A flexible renewable diesel pretreatment design allows a variety of biodiesel feedstocks to be processed in the same equipment
- Straightforward process which is similar to proven edible oil refining technologies
- Renewable diesel pretreatment can be designed to also allow the production of edible oil in order to take advantage of the ups and downs of variable industry conditions
- Phosphatide and fatty acid byproducts are similar to the ones produced in an edible oil plant—enabling byproduct sales to an existing market