Crown is the world leader in oil seed extraction technology, refining plants, and equipment serving global customers from its locations in the Americas, Europe, and Asia. Our passion to deliver superior quality, superior-value processing systems and technologies made us a preferred partner to the agricultural industry and beyond.
The Global Project Analyst is responsible for tracking and analyzing the financial performance of multiple large capital asset projects from conception through completion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Global responsibility for tracking and analyzing the financial performance of multiple large capital asset projects from conception through completion.
- Determine approved budget with support of the Sales department; create project financial management and summary file.
- Evaluate projects to determine current/future costs, potential risks, equipment startup and ship dates, and general concerns by working cross-functionally with procurement and engineering; ensure project files are kept up-to-date with the latest project details and modifications.
- Monitor projects to track budget verses actual financial performance; notify internal stakeholders of potential overages, including business unit leadership.
- Calculate and track impact of exchange rate gains/losses
- Track project change orders and ensure financial considerations are properly reflected in project files
- Partner with Accounting department to monitor cash flow throughout the project, informing the weekly 13-week cash flow planning, and assisting the cross-functional teams to determine best practices for achieving net positive project cash flow.
- Notify the Accounting department of any cost estimate changes in order to inform accurately monthly forecasting processes.
- Gain a strong understanding of the current processes and tools in use. Provide input on continuous improvement opportunities to aid in process improvement and automation.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
- BA/BS degree in accounting or other related fields
- One year of related experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Experience using advance Excel skills, including models and formulas, and comfortable working with, and analyzing large data sets.
- Demonstrable experience in collaborating with cross-functional team, creating values for end customers, and driving operational excellence within areas of responsibility.
- Must be flexible and able to drive change management
- Has internal drive and can self-manage; takes initiative and able to collaborate across geographies and functions in a matrixed environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, customers, and stakeholders.
- Comfortable working in an environment of continuous with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Must be able to communicate in English fluently. Ability to communicate in a second language – European or Asian languages preferred but not required.
- Ability to use ERP / MRP systems, especially SAPB1, is highly preferred.
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically up to 5% of the time.