Crown is the world leader in oil seed extraction technology, refining plants, and equipment serving global customers from its locations in the Americas, Europe, and Asia. Our passion to deliver superior quality, superior-value processing systems and technologies made us a preferred partner to the agricultural industry and beyond.
Under general direction, this role is responsible for managing the technical sales aspects for the global segment, associated product lines & technology packages, and all relevant technical supporting activities throughout the entire sales process. Successful activities include: collaborating within the sales organization on new customer opportunities, building strong customer relationships, technology training, collecting & analyzing customer/market insights to identify winning technology solutions, and supporting strategic sales growth initiatives. This is a key role within our organization advising and guiding the technical aspects of the sales process while working within a collaborative team based selling model. This role is based out of our Blaine, MN corporate headquarters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build credible & strong relationships by focusing on:
- Advocating, coaching, and training for the segment, product line, and/or specific technology.
- Supporting sales growth opportunities, and proposal development, in a team selling approach with sales managers and sales support operations.
- Actively supporting sales activities: customer technology needs assessment, alignment with engineering standards, technology decision, product sizing, and strategic account planning.
- Face to face interactions with customers and identified markets we serve.
- Developing multiple relationships & communication pathways within a customer organization focused on Corporate Engineering and Plant Operations.
- Support conference strategies including technical presentations and booth support.
- Maintaining up-to-date understanding of industry trends and technical developments.
- Identifying opportunities & advise on available technology or service solutions.
- Clearly articulate Crown’s technology offerings and advantages.
- Obtaining and coordinating data and recommendations to Sales and Sales Operations.
- As needed, resolving customer issues with products, projects, and service.
- Segment and Product Line development:
- Collaborate with Global Segment Commercial Lead, Engineering, & other Technical Sales Product Managers to develop cohesive standard global product offerings.
- This role will primarily set the product offering strategy in conjunction with Segment lead and Engineering Managers.
- Develop & Manage standard product line sales tool-kits including sizing programs, sales flow diagrams, mass balances, and a library of sales presentations.
- Assist marketing collateral development on product lines and new innovations.
- Support technology discussions to close the deal in an efficient and professional manner.
- Deliver against sales goals by supporting Sales, Sales Support, & Aftermarket team members.
- Cross functional & global collaboration. Key technical tag for Aftermarket commercial support connecting inquiries into Sales & Engineering as needed.
- Deep understanding of technology/service value and total cost of ownership, TCO.
- Support new innovation launches with technical support & training.
- Contribute to all customer field reports after each customer visits.
- Develop testing protocols for customer piloting work as required – Key liaison with our R&D and Innovation Teams.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical, or mechanical engineering.
- Master’s degree preferred
- 10+ years Engineering or Operations experience with solids handling experience in the Oilseeds complex, preferably in an Oilseeds Crushing, Protein Concentrates, and/or Vegetable Oil Refining, Palm Processing, Biodiesel, and/or Oleo-chemical business.
- Demonstrated sales support experience.
- Strong Competitive desire to succeed & win.
- High integrity and ethics.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Effective at problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Outcome focused with the ability to manage competing priorities and work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Technology advocate into customer focus.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, customers, and vendors.
- Responsive to requests and inquiries from internal and external customers.
- Well-developed presentation skills.
- Customer relationship management (CRM) experience a plus
- Process Modeling experience – ChemCad, Aspen modeling a plus
- Knowledge of computers and applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, TEAMS and PowerPoint, SharePoint.
- Must be able to communicate in English fluently. Ability to communicate in a second language – European or Asian languages preferred but not required.
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically up to 50% of the time.