The Crown Zero Effluent Discharge System (ZED) is designed to eliminate the wastewater from your solvent extraction plant.
The water waste is concentrated in specially designed pressure vessels and converted to 40 psig steam for recycle in the extraction plant. Blowdown water from the cooling tower can also be added for further savings.
- Amount of condensate returned to the boiler is increased from 40% to 80% of total steam consumption, thereby reducing energy costs for preheating the make-up water
- Reduced chemical treatment costs for boiler make-up water
- Essentially eliminates wastewater disposal fees
- Simplifies plant permit application process due to the elimination of a major effluent source
- Supplies 75–100% of the sparge steam needed for typical Desolventizer-Toaster operation
- Superheated sparge steam supplied by the ZED System can potentially improve the meal drying, reduce solvent loss and increase the digestible protein in the product
- Additional wastewater sources can be incorporated into the ZED System for recycling